Thursday, November 26, 2015


We've finally completed this idea using the frost coloured silk shantung and dusty pink ribbon. There were many designs I had sketched out for the bodice, but we decided to try some pintucks for the bodice and my mother has sewn them in beautifully. It's sized to fit a Volks SDGr girl body, and I think this could be a one-off. I usually don't buy very much materials (headdesk) and there's only enough ribbons for two of these dresses, so this next one I'm wondering if I should make a different bodice to fit an SD16 girl. Decisions, decisions...

The dress comes with a simple tulle underskirt and soft blue cotton gathered knickers. I am definitely itching to add some appliques/embroidery to the bodice, but perhaps I can try it for the back since it's just plain tulle and elastic.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment